Country Club Hills Water & Sewer Department (CCH_Water Quality Report 2022)
Country Club Hills Water & Sewer Department (Water Quality Report 2021)
Country Club Hills Water & Sewer Department (Water Quality Report 2020)
Country Club Hills Water & Sewer Department (Water Quality Report 2019)
The Mission of the Country Club Hills Water & Sewer Department is to provide prompt response of services based upon the needs of our residents as set forth in the policies and ordinances established by the Mayor and the City Council. Tasks are carried out through the collective efforts of a professional workforce and contractors.
Water is provided to the City of Country Club Hills from the City of Chicago through the Village of Oak Lawn. The City of Chicago processes surface water from Lake Michigan and distributes it throughout the surrounding suburbs.
For more detailed information please email the Water Department at Waterdept@countryclubhills.org
Water mains & water main breaks
Sanitary sewer mains
Water turn-ons and turn-offs
Fee Increases 2022 Fee Increase Ordinance.pdf
Water, Sewer, and Garbage service is obtained by signing a utility agreement at City Hall. New residents must also provide a copy of a signed settlement statement and warranty deed, or rental agreement and picture identification.
Renters who wish to receive the utility bill in their name and mailed to their address must pay a $100.00 deposit when signing the agreement.
All dwellings must have metered City water in order to be given an occupancy permit.
Bills that are over 30 days overdue are subject to possible shut off. A $100 fee is assessed to accounts in which a disconnection occurs.
Water Quality Report
How to Pay Your Bill
Water, Sewer and Garbage bills (combined into one utility bill) can be paid by mail directly or at the front counter via check, cash, Mastercard or Visa at the office at City Hall. You can click on the Bill Payment link below and throughout other locations on the site to pay online:
Sprinkling restrictions are in effect from May 15, through September 15, each year. Heavy outdoor water use, such as lawn sprinkling is limited to the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 11 a.m. and 7:00 p.m until 11:00 p.m. Car washing and flower and garden sprinkling is permitted as long as the hose is equipped with a shut-off nozzle attachment. Hoses may not be left unattended.
The Water Department would like to remind residents that unnecessary water use can be expensive. It is also a waste of one of our most precious natural resources.
City Hall Water, Sewer & Utilities department
4200 Main St.
After-Hours Emergency Number: (708) 798-3191(Public Safety Dispatch)
Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Water and sewer main breaks are often repaired by contractors.
Garbage removal and curbside recycling service for all single-family homes is contracted by Homewood Disposal throughout the City. Multi-family housing developments are privately contracted so in that case contact your homeowners association.
- Household garbage is picked up weekly on your regular day.
- Each home in the city has received, at no extra cost, a 95-gallon garbage cart which is on wheels and has a lid to prevent garbage from blowing out.
- Additional carts are also available to rent from us. See our online order form section to the left.
- Garbage may also be placed in garbage bags or your own 35-gallon cans (up to 3 per week) as long as each weighs no more than 50 pounds each.
- Yard waste season is April 1st – November 30th each year.
- Grass clippings, leaves, branches, etc. are considered yard waste (no dirt or rock).
- Based on an Illinois State Law, yard waste must NOT be mixed with your garbage.
- All yard waste must be placed in brown paper yard waste bags. Each bag must have a yard waste sticker attached to it for pickup. Bags and stickers can be found at most local grocery and hardware stores.
- Large (95 gallon) yard waste carts on wheels are also available to rent.
- Branch Pickup: Branches should be cut into 3 – 4 foot lengths and be no wider than 6 inches in diameter. Branches can be placed in the yard waste bag or put in reasonable sized bundles tied with twine or string. Each bundle placed outside the yard waste bag must have a yard waste sticker attached in order to be picked up.
- Recyclables are picked up every other week on your regular pickup day. Check the schedule through the link below.
- Each home in the City has been provided with a brown 65-gallon recycle cart for recyclables. This cart should be used for recyclables only; no garbage or yard waste.
- 2024 Recycling Schedule
Note: Please do not put your garbage cans or recycling bins in the street but at the edge of the curb. They interfere with snow plows, traffic, and street sweeping.