The Country Club Hills Crime Free Rental Housing Program was passed by ordinance in October 2008. It requires (1) the licensing of residential rental property by the property owner, (2) an inspection of the property by the Building Department, (3) a signed agreement (Crime Free Lease Addendum) between owner and renter, and (4) the property owner/manager attending a Crime Free Training Seminar.
The main concept of the program is to build a coalition between the property owners/managers, the Building Department, and the Police Department. Criminal activity on rental property results in a radical decline in property values and the “quality of life” for all residents of the City. By informing property owners of crime prevention strategies, applicant screening procedures, and tenant action that would violate the Crime Free Lease Addendum and Crime Free Ordinance, the program can reduce crime, increase property values, and improve the quality of life for all of our residents.
Crime Free Training Seminars are hosted at the Police Department unless otherwise noted. The seminar schedule is provided below. Participants are required to pre-register at least 1 day prior to the training date. For any questions please contact the Crime Free Housing Coordinator, Sergeant Prater at [email protected]
2023 Crime Free Seminar Schedule
Wednesday, January 18, 2023 Class is full
Wednesday, March 22, 2023 Class is full
Wednesday, May 3, 2023
Wednesday, July 26, 2023 Waitlist
Wednesday, September 6, 2023
Wednesday, November 29, 2023
Dates & Format Subject to Change
Location: Country Club Hills Police Department
Time: 4:00pm – 8:00pm
NOTE: Seminar promptness is required. Attendees arriving late will need to re-register for the next seminar. Children are not permitted at these seminars.
If you have already submitted a “new” application for a Residential Rental License, please contact the Crime Free Housing Coordinator to pre-register for the seminar. Pre-registration is required. Walk-ins are NOT permitted.
The Residential Rental License must be renewed annually between May 1st – May 31st
Application Submission Requirements
1. Must be submitted to City Hall in person with a state identification card. Mailed or Faxed applications will not be processed.
2. Property owner name is required. If the property is owned by a company, the business name, applicant’s name and business owner’s name must be included on the application.
3. One property per application.
4. Home and/or Office addresses for the Landlord are acceptable only. P.O Boxes may only be used as a secondary address.
5. If the Landlord has more than five (5) rental properties in Country Club Hills, a typed list of all properties must be included along with each application.
View/Download Full Information Packet PDF as a separate page