Mayor James W. Ford

Mayor James W. Ford
(708) 798-3388
[email protected]

Mayor of the City of Country Club Hills

Mayor Ford began his 1st term in office as Executive Officer for the City of Country Club Hills on May 1, 2015 as the first African American Mayor Elected in Country Club Hills. Prior to his election, served 9 years as the Alderman of the Fourth Ward.  Ford is a 30 year resident of the City of Country Club Hills. As Alderman he served as Chairman of Law and Ordinance, Contract Compliance, and the Finance Committee. Ford volunteered as a member of ESDA and as a Community Service Officer combined for a total of 12 years.
Mayor Ford is a “True” Community Activist, in 2007 responding to a rash of youth crimes, he founded and directed the Country Club Hills Mentoring Program PTW “Prove Them Wrong”. This Mentoring Program was the winner of the Governor’s Hometown Award in 2009 and 2010. He has mentored over 550 young men and women, ages 11 to 16, which 75% of these student went on to college and the other 25% are doing well. Mayor Ford is recognized and known for his positive working relationship with all residents of Country Club Hills.  He is known for getting things done successfully.
Mayor Ford has served as treasurer in three different youth organizations. He is currently a member of New Faith Baptist Church International and has served on the treasurer team for the last 8 years. From November 2006 to 2011, he served as the Executive Director of the Midwest Youth Conference for Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee, which enrolled over 3,000 youth over the last six years.
Before taking the office of Alderman, he retired from IBM Corp in 2007 after 35 years of service. At IBM Ford managed $50 million dollar budgets as a Project Manager.
Mayor Ford retired as Command Sergeant Major (E9) in the United States Army. He served 25 years in the Reserves and 2 years of Active Duty, retiring in 2005. He was awarded the Legion of Merit.  His extraordinary career in the United States Army, and in particular the United States Army Civil Affairs and Psychological Operations Command (Airborne), and the United States Army Special Operations Command, reflect his exceptional meritorious service.
Mayor Ford has been married to his wife, Jacqueline Ford, for eight years.  He is the father of two sons, Jonathan and Julian, and the grandfather of Julian Jr., Travis, Jayzon, & Nazyia.
Mayor Ford has a Master’s Certificate in Project Management from George Washington University of Business and Public Management.